Assessing and Improving Community Health in Wisconsin
Tools and Resources
Data, tools, and strategies for change:
- County Health Rankings & Roadmaps: data, tools, strategies for change. Specific tools include:
- Healthiest Wisconsin 2020: Wisconsin State Health Plan: state health assessment and improvement plan. Website and plan highlights goals, data and strategies to encourage public involvement in making progress on the five priority health areas.
- Healthiest Wisconsin 2020 Baseline and Health Disparities Report: baseline data by priority for the HW2020 focus areas, and documentation of health disparities in Wisconsin populations and communities.
Community health assessment, implementation, and evaluation:
- Wisconsin Guidebook on Improving the Health of Local Communities: assessment, implementation and evaluation resources
- Community Health Assessment Toolkit (from the American Hospital Association) describes steps for conducting a Community Health Assessment (CHA) and developing implementation strategies.
- Community Benefit in Context: Origins & Evolution (from the Hilltop Institute) describes the history of community benefits (CB) and the CB requirements for not-for-profit hospitals under the Affordable Care Act
- Assessing and Addressing Community Health Needs (from the Catholic Hospital Association) is a comprehensive guide to community health assessments that incorporates requirements from both the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and the Internal Revenue Services.
Policy, systems, and environmental (PSE) change:
- Plan 4 Health: Strategies for building healthier communities through policy, systems and environmental (PSE) change
- Action 4 PSE Change: resources and tools to provide background information and training, data, tools and guides that may be useful throughout the policy, systems and environmental (PSE) change process.