Assessing and Improving Community Health in Wisconsin
Calumet County Health Department
Goal: To reduce risky and unhealthy alcohol use to protect the health, safety, and quality of life for all, especially children.
- Increase public awareness efforts to inform the community about the issue of underage drinking
- Implement prevention education programs for parents, youth, and the general community
- Promote alcohol-related policy change
- Involve youth in REACH activities, including events that provide an alternative to underage drinking
Goal: To empower Calumet County residents to build and embrace healthy lifestyles through education and wellness opportunities.
- Encourage local partners to consider plans, action steps and policy changes that create healthier systems.
- Increase physical activity levels of Calumet County residents
- Promote education and opportunities related to healthy nutrition
- Foster local networks of partners and coalition members that support healthy lifestyle efforts