Assessing and Improving Community Health in Wisconsin
Sauk County Public Health Department
West Square Building
Baraboo, WI 53913-2401
Goal: Reduce the number of Sauk County residents who are sedentary.
- By December 31, 2016, Sauk County Health Department will partner with the Health and Wellness Coalition Steering Committee to expand the membership to include schools, citizen members, and philanthropic organizations.
- By December 31, 2017, develop a county wide calendar of exercise and nutritional events available on social media outlets of the Health and Wellness Coalition Steering Committee.
Goal: Improve dental health of Sauk County residents by increasing the number of residents who receive dental care.
- By December 31, 2017, expand the number of Seal-A-Smile participants.
- By December 31, 2017 expand the contributing organizations for the Adopt-A-Smile program.
- By September 1, 2016 develop an MOU with Ho Chunk for school-based restorative care
- By June 30, 2016 provide oral health education in Sauk Prairie (preK, K and 1st grade) classes.
Goal: Decrease the average death rate due to suicide in Sauk County
- By December 31, 2017, develop three suicide prevention coalitions in different areas of Sauk County; Sauk Prairie (2015), Baraboo (2016), and Reedsburg (2017).
- By December 31, 2017, develop a Question, Persuade, and Refer (QPR)/Mental Health First Aid training program for law enforcement, teachers, guidance counselors and clergy.
- By December 31, 2016, the Sauk County Health Department will be a partner in the Youth Coalition for Mental Wellness and will participate in educational outreach events dealing with mental health, suicide, and alcohol and drug abuse awareness.
- By December 31, 2016, the Sauk County Health Department will partner with the Health and Wellness Coalition Steering Committee to identify local partners to build a mentor/role model program providing coaching on appropriate communication and other socially acceptable behaviors and skills.