Assessing and Improving Community Health in Wisconsin
Greendale Health Department
FOOD AND NUTRITION GROUP (FANG)
Goal: Increase consumption of fruits and vegetables by encouraging the adoption of healthy eating habits and increasing the availability of fresh produce and working with existing community organizations to implement nutrition -centered educational activities and events.
- Create a community garden
- Work with community partners to implement educational programs about gardens and eating fruits and vegetables
- Establish at least one CSA drop-off site available to Greendale residents
STEP UP TO BETTER HEALTH
Goal: Implement and maintain community-wide approaches to increase physical activity among Greendale residents.
- Plan and carry out an annual Fun Run/Walk.
- Organize indoor walking at the Greendale High School.
- Promote outdoor walking trails in the community.
- Sponsor summer Playground Challenge.
SUCCESSFUL AGING IN GREENDALE FOR EVERYONE (SAGE)
Goal: Facilitate all aspects of healthy aging in the community for everyone.
- Increase awareness of workgroup’s purpose and mission to village leadership
- Improve communication and outreach efforts to Greendale residents about relevant topics related to successful aging
- Increase community dialogue on successful aging
- Pursue the World Health Organization’s Livable Community designation through AARP